Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Step 5: Hull Assembly Completion




In this step we complete the hull assembly.  Stowage boxes (parts 33 and 34) are attached to the right (31R) and left (32L) fenders.  There's a molded-on toolbox on the right fender with crude tools already in place.  I don't have any 1/40 scale tools or I'd replace them.  The fenders line up very nicely onto the hull.  There are two sets of headlights (39) that I'm leaving off until after painting.

There's a driver figure that I chose to leave off since I'm modelling the kit with the hatches closed.

I've left off the turret completed in Step 4 until after painting and detailing.

All that's left is the bridge rest (#35) and it's left (37L) and right (36R) braces.  There are some sink-holes and ejector pin marks that on the bridge rest that need some sanding and filling; but nothing too bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment