Thursday, November 9, 2017

Step 4: Turret and Gun Mounts




This step was completed pretty fast.  It's basically just setting up the gun mounts in the turret section.  The guns are very crude in my opinion; but I don't have any 1/40 scale guns in my spares bin with which to replace them.  The hatches can be modeled open or closed; but since there's no interior I always model mine closed.  


I dry fit the gun mounts in place in the picture above.  I plan to paint the guns separately and mask off the periscopes before painting the vehicle.  There are seams where the gun halves (parts #25R and 26L) join, some of which are still visible in the picture.  I'll fill it with some Liquid Paper® correction fluid.  This stuff doesn't shrink like putty or wood filler.  It dries really fast and can be primed and painted to blend perfectly.  I remember first hearing about this little trick from Jon Baker of IPMS/Houston many, many years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment