Monday, November 6, 2017

Step 1: Hull and Rear Axle Assembly



Given the age of this model, I'm surprised that the instructions are pretty good. 



This step deals with putting together the upper and lower hull pieces and drive axle.  The tow hitches fit easily.  There's are pretty good sized sinkholes on each side of the front of the hull near where the idler wheels will go.  There's also one near the rear of the driver's hatch.  I filled these with Liquid Paper and sanded them smooth.

The detail on the drive sprockets definitely leaves something to be desired.  It's pretty crude if you ask me.  I'm hoping that the Dragon kit is a lot better when it comes out.



There is a problem with the axle fitting through the rear of the hull.  The holes are too big and the axle floats freely.  There's no other part that I can see on the sprue that looks like it will keep the drive axle centered.  I'll have to see what I can come up with later.  For now I'm leaving the axle and drive wheels off until I figure out what I'm going to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment