Monday, November 6, 2017


OK.  I got frustrated with all the masking of the Panda 2S6M Tunguska so it has been shelved for a while.  I'll let you know when I pick it up again.  

This isn't to say that I won't complete something this year!  My model club, the Fort Worth Scale Modelers Society, has kit auctions twice a year:  once in April and again in October.  In October I a kit caught my eye.  It's an older kit; older than I am in fact.  It's the Revell 1/40 scale M48 AVLB (Armored Vehicle Launched Bridge).




This kit came out in 1967.  Supposedly Dragon Models is going to release an updated  1/35 scale version sometime in 2017.  I really like these unique subjects.  Whenever I go to model contests I see tons Panzers and  Shermans along with quote a few M1-series and Bradleys.  This will be something to hopefully catch people's eyes as the check out the other works.

Being an older kit there are some detail issues as well as a fair amount of flash and sinkholes that need to be corrected.  For $10 though, it's hard to argue.  I'll do what I can with it.

I'm taking my time with this and will do a blog post for each step.  Stand by for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment